Available here: https://wordpress.org/themes/split-me
Split Me is a simple minimal WordPress theme wich contains no sidebar, no slider, just a simple menu and a large area for your thumbnails. It was inspired by medium.com
Split Me uses:
- Open Sans font (available through Google web Fonts: http://www.google.com/webfonts/specimen/Open+Sans), licensed under Apache License Version 2 (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html)
- A Fontello custom pack for the icon font with only "Font Awesome" (http://fontello.com), licensed under SIL OFL 1.1 (http://scripts.sil.org/OFL)
- Modernizr (http://modernizr.com/) script licensed under MIT license (www.modernizr.com/license/)
- Image /images/default-header.jpg (http://pixabay.com/fr/pin-for%C3%AAt-coussin-clairi%C3%A8re-misty-273826/) is released into the public domain.
You can see a demo here: http://splitme.mwanoz.fr/
You can install the theme through the WordPress installer under "Themes" > "Install themes" by searching for it. Alternatively you can download the file, unzip it and move the unzipped contents to the "wp-content/themes" folder of your WordPress installation. You will then be able to activate the theme.
Be careful to save your /inc/custom.php file before updating the theme. I removed the Theme Option page. You can now choose your layout and your own colors in 'Appearance' > 'Customize' in your back office. If you go in the WordPress Customizer, you will maybe see some PHP Errors. It's a bug with WordPress 3.9 and default header images. There is no impact in your website. The error will disapear in the next WordPress Update: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27850
Split Me has no sidebar and the thumbnails are not displayed in a tag. That's why "Theme Check" will not find the_post_thumbnail() because it's not needed. Read below for the thumbnails.
If you set a thumbnail on your post, it will be displayed in the large box on the left. You need to choose a thumbnail size, minimum 800x800 pixels. If you do not set a thumbnail, the image that you have set in "custom-header" will be displayed.
- Remove theme option page
- Add custom settings in the WP Customizer
- Changed the default title and menu colors
- Removed crappy gradients
- This theme can generate candies. Yummy!
- Background Image if IE < IE 10
- Fix theme update error
- CSS and JS minify
- This theme is now able to receive kittens coming from the moon
- Tested up to WP 3.9
- Added color schemes in Theme Options
- This theme does not make your heart bleed
- Add a better post format for audio and video posts
- Add Theme Options (Theme Layout)
- Better display on mobile
- Add an icon on homepage if the post has comments
- This theme is now able to send kittens on the moon
- Remove old junk css vendor prefixes
- Fix an issue with PHP 5.4 and earlier
- Definitely fix for the custom header
- Lot of css fix
- Minified /css/a-normalize.css
- Fix default and french translation
- Fix the custom_header in search results page.
- Removed 'accessibility-ready' tag since this theme is not accessibility-ready yet :( I'll work on it in the next update.
- Add an "Updates" section in readme.txt
- Remove /inc/clean.php
- Update /images/default-header.jpg
- Update screenshot.png
- Change /css/main.css version
- Remove /inc/clean.php
- Remove 'nice search' tweak from /inc/tweaks.php
- Add Icon Font License in readme.txt
- Add defaut header images credits
- Add /lang and French translation
- Fix get_header(); and get_footer();
- Fix wp_title()
- Remove favicon (temporary)
- Fix home_url();
- Remove all remove_action() calls
- Fix protocol for google webfont
- Fix wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' );
- Fix all add_theme_support. They're now in the after_setup_theme action.
- Fix prefix for all functions
- Fix credits links
- Add new theme URI
- Add copyrights for kitten images
- Initial release \o/